Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Uncle Sam's Hand in My Pants

So I stumbled across this website. It's put up by the treasury of CT in order to give back unclaimed or abandoned property. Let's say that you have some money in an account that's inactive. The bank closes the account, but you still have money there and you forget about it. After a certain period of time (depending on the state) they may turn it into the government to "hold" for you or to give back to you. This is where this handy little website comes into play. You can search for your name and if they have any of your shit, then you can claim it back from the state. here's the link for CT and MA: http://www.ctbiglist.com/ and http://abpweb.tre.state.ma.us/abp/abp.htm

I'm assuming that other states have similar sites. I checked my mother's name and she had $29 bucks of hers that she could claim. The government was just holding on to it for her. At any rate, I think it's worth a quick search to see if you or anyone of your family members has stuff in the government lost and found pile. Even though it may not be much, why let them keep it. The government spends enough time with it's hand in your pocket with out going and giving them extra. I mean, it's your shit, right?

peace.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

stumbled across it, my ass! I sent you the link. grrrrr!

K-logik said...

blabbidy bloo. Please forgive me for trying to protect anonymity.....grrr. back.

But thank you none the less.