Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I'm Back

So, it's true, I made it thought my surgery, and I have to say that all in all, it was wonderful. The IV drugs helped a lot, and I'll talk more about that later. I just wanted to say that I was ok. But to give you a glimpse of how great things were; after I was given the IV to make me relax and knock me out, I tried to convince my Dr and the nurses to skip the surgery and go out to a bar with me because it was time to celebrate.......in the middle of the surgery, I think I woke up and the Dr. had to tell me to shut up so he could finish ripping my teeth out, but I woke up talking about how wonderful I was and how we should be having beers, but I guess he had more important things in mind. Finally, I woke up in recovery, and my girlfriend had the task of taking me to the pharmacy and the store.....more on that later. But over all, it was a lot less painful than I thought and a hell of a lot more fun. My next vacation is at the dentist's office!!!!!!

Peace

4 comments:

ed-it said...

So, who ended up being the mystery guest at the procedure. Hope it was some stunning nurse that held your hand through it all and not the resident chaplain who had some extra time on his hands since few kids were admitted that day. (i am going to hell for that!)

Glad it did go well and it would have been fun if they took you up on your offer for drinks...and it would less expensive for you since you were half in the bag. I had mine done years back, and those drugs are real potent...i woke up asking why they did not start yet.

...and a little humor...
man and his wife are in bed, the wife is trying to sleep when the husband taps her on the shoulder and asks her if she wants to get laid.... She says "Not tonight honey,I have a gynecologist appointment in the morning and I wanna be fresh "... 10 minutes goes by and the husband taps her on the shoulder again and asks, " Honey do you have a dentist appointment tomorrow as well" ?

K-logik said...

Brilliant!

And good job remembering the chaplain. I have to say that I'm very glad he wasn't there (or at least that I remember). Don't worry, if you go to hell, I'll save you a seat.

And if there was a hot nurse, I'm sure she wasn't into my drool and slurred speech, and if she was, i think I would have worse problems than if the chaplain had shown up. I think my girlfriend would have beaten her down first!

Anonymous said...

Go ahead and take a deep breath and then it's "naughty time"....Damn it, did I say that out loud? You know that's what the dentist was thinking! By the way how did you get your teeth so white?(lol)

K-logik said...

hehehe. I should have known there was a reason he didn't charge extra for the teeth cleaning.....